You have the opportunity to get exceptional knowledge
doing a Professional Doctorate in Business Administration from the School of Management from the University of Bordeaux.
A World-Class Doctoral Program
A prestigious University
The University of Bordeaux has been, throughout history, one of the most important European Universities.
This DBA focuses on real management issues, with results and practical knowledge.
Local courses and Fast-Track in France
You have courses in your home country or region and Fast-Track seminars in Bordeaux.
The program is done 100% in English. All professors have vast international experience. Theses can be written in English or French.
A DBA where you choose your topic
A DBA has a professional focus and differs from a classical PhD in some points. One of the major advantages is that instead of having to do a doctoral program in the research field of interest of the University professor, the doctorate students can choose the topic of interest in the management field and professors will help with their knowledge and expertise along with the student professional experience in his field, to produce a high quality and useful research.
The best European DBA program.
The University of Bordeaux School of Business (IAE) offers the best Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) training in Europe, with a program designed for professionals and executives that is considered a path to PhD. The Bordeaux program integrates the theory and practice of real business issues, enabling participants to be proficient in applied research so they can make sound business and administrative decisions.
During the University of Bordeaux DBA, professionals are not only trained to solve simple management problems, but to learn how to generate advanced knowledge, either to solve problems or to understand the reasons behind a particular business phenomenon.
International Executive DBA
Fast-Track in Bordeaux and seminars in selected cities around the world
A series of DBA seminars are taught at different regions and countries such as Brazil (Rio de Janeiro & Brasilia), India, etc. Meetings usually take place (depending on the country) on one weekend per month.
Seminar topics include: Introduction to Management Research, Epistemology and Methodology, Management Theories, Research Practices and advanced management topics (entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, logistics, HR, business strategy, etc.).
For the 1st year, the DBA seminars have four main aspects listed below. The goal is to help to structure and give clarity on the research conducted by the Doctoral student. For the second year, there are specific topics aimed to advance the professional research.
Principles of research
The goal is to understand the quantitative and qualitative approaches initiated in the areas of marketing, accounting and control, corporate finance and market finance, human resources, strategy and organization, family business, entrepreneurship and project management
Epistemology and methodology
This series of seminars aims to train towards positivist, constructivist, quantitative, qualitative approaches and case studies that can constitute a research strategy in management sciences.
Theoretical currents of management research
Explore all major paradigms applied to the sciences of organizations. Address the complexity of an organization through the major transversal theories in management sciences (decision theory, systems theory, contract theory, neo-institutional theory, etc.).
Evaluate and critically review current research projects. Explain how theory and empirical elements are embedded in the various currents in management sciences and explain the behavior of the actors of the organizations.
A unique practical oriented DBA program connected with the World.
The University of Bordeaux
Ranked among the top universities in Europe, the University
of Bordeaux is recognized for the quality of its academic
research and courses.
Founded in 1441, the University of Bordeaux is home to
over 50,000 students and almost 6,000 staff.
The University also has the second largest campus in
Bordeaux Management School
The Bordeaux Management School, which is part of the IAE (425,000 graduates since 1955), is the Business School of the University of Bordeaux. The Business School has over 50 full-time teachers, 39 researchers and over 300 professionals.
A program with small group size to ensure maximum quality.
When can I apply?
You can apply at any time. However, seats are limited since the DBA program is formed by a small group of professionals to ensure the quality of the program.
1st Step: Send your CV
The first step is to submit your CV. You will be contacted for an interview. Usually the international DBA batches begin between January and March, depending on the availability of the group of professors each year.
Your CV >(in English).
Copy of valid passport.
Photo ID with white background.
You may be required throughout the program to fill out enrolment forms (online and print).
Your transcript with topics and marks from the Post-Graduate program.
All students need to pay a state fee around €100 per year.
The first step is to send your CV by email and you will be contacted for scheduling an interview.
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be invited to enrol and submit your documents.
- Is the Diploma from the University of Bordeaux?
- Yes, the Diploma is from the University of Bordeaux..
- When can I apply?
- Applications can be submitted at any time. Typically, groups are formed once or twice a year (depending on location).
- Can I get a refund?
- Yes, for the first 2 weeks. Since the DBA program is forned by a small group, to ensure the program quality, with fixed costs, there will be no refund after that. If a student decides to withdraw, any remaining fee cannot be refunded or waived once program costs have already been incurred.
- Is this a DBA or PhD program?
- This is a DBA program for professionals with a practical focus.
- What is included in the cost?
- The program itself. All other costs are not included.
- Can I go for a 4th year?
- There are extra costs for the 4th.
- Do I need to speak English fluently?
- Yes, since all seminars and activities are in English.
- Do I need a student type visa?
- No. If your citizenship requires a visa or special form entry type of validation, since this is a one-week seminar type event, you are not required to own a French visa.
- Do I need to pressent a dissertation project?
- Yes, it is mandatory and it has to be approved. This is a 3 year program. However, all candidates needs to be aware that a failure in a seminar of successful competion of the thesis presentation project or final presentation, will not allow the doctoral student to get the diploma.
The first year, the program is structure to guide the doctoral student to build his or her thesis dissertation project.
About the end of the first year, or at another designated date, a Dissertation Project is expected be present. and in case of failure. In order to continue the second and third year, the disseration project needs to be approved by the evaluating prohessors. If project is not approved, the program amount, if it has not been paid in full, is still due. The student can reapply in the following year, as a new candidate, but will not be able to follow the 2nd or 3rd year upon failure.
- Are the Zoom meetings recorded?
- Meetings can be recorded at the discretion of each professor. The presence at the meetings are mandatory and such resource can be used only as a secondary option and also subject to technical availability.
- Do I need previous work experience?
- Yes. Since the DBA program focuses on practical management topics of executive decision making, relevant work experience of 5 to 10 years is required.